Monday, October 15, 2007

Be Proud.

For those of you who know me, and who read my blog regularly, this will mean a lot to you. I, myself, am fairly proud of this moment of achievement, so I'll share. In the past I have been strictly a Heinz Ketchup person, don't believe me?
So anyway, in an effort to cut grocery costs at our house we decided to try more store brands. It was a very good thought, but lets be honest here...I really had very little intention of applying that to Ketchup.
Cheese? Sure. Ham? Whatever. Ketchup? uummm....are you crazy?
Well, a Huge growth step for me-I did buy "Not-name brand" Ketchup, and its not too bad. I KNOW! This is a pretty big deal! I won't say whose brand it is but I will say it is not Hunts (I just don't like them).
So anyway, the point is this: I save some change that will add up over time, but really I have gotten a new attitude. I tried something new, something I thought would be a big sacrifice for me, and you know what? Its not such a big deal. And I'm glad I did it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!

a concerned family member in texas

Nancy Doyens said...

I know what you mean, but over time you will see that sometimes the off brands seem to be better than the brand names. You go girl!! You rock!!

nancy doyens

Anonymous said...

I have tried this saving on groceries thing... and I don't believe it.
Some things, sure, like pasta, bread, flour, sugar...
Definately NOT on: ketchup, mustard, milk, orange juice, meat, cheese, coke, etc.
I guess you could call me a food snob :) I'm glad you found another one that worked though, I'm curious to know which one is just as good as our trusted Heinz Tomato Ketchup

Brittany said...

It is the Aldi brand-I forget it's actual name, but I got it at Aldi. Pretty cheap store...I don't know where else they have them, except Austria with Mollie!

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed