Thursday, October 18, 2007

Run in with the law!

Yes, folks. You read that title right. Today Luke had his first run in with the law (and hopefully his last!).
Allow me to tell you the (now) funny story: He has a toy phone that used to be a real phone, sometimes I walk by and take it away from him thinking he has gotten ahold of our real phone, then I apologize for being a mean mommy and I give it back to him. That's background, today after lunch, he was sitting on the floor holding his fake phone and suddenly I hear, "Hello? Hello?" come out of the fake phone! Okay-NOT FAKE PHONE. I almost just hung up the phone when instead I said hello back...."This is 911 emergency..." AAHHHHH! "I-AM-SO-SORRY!" "Mysonhadthephoneandhedialed911andIamsosorryhehasafakephoneandthatswhatIthoughthewasplayingwithIhadnoideahewasdialingyouIknowyouarebusyandthiswasacompleteaccidentIAMSOSORRYIwillneverletthishappenagain."
...okay, maybe that's what I said, and maybe it isn't, to be honest I was so surprised and I really probably was talking very fast. The 911 Emergency Dispatcher was very gracious and I was very relieved.
Then about 15 minutes later, our door bell rings...
That's right, Police Officer Santa (yes, that is his real name-don't tease him) was at the door, making sure we were okay. Double checking our story, and that we lived in the house; he even looked at my license and wrote some stuff down. aaahhh. So he was very nice, said maybe when Luke was older we should explain to him why he should not dial 911 unless it is a real emergency-since he probably doesn't understand that now.
Of course I was a little freaked out to see a police officer at my door (I was hoping it was a package with a present in it...no reason...I just like getting them). But he was nice and he was doing his job-making sure we were safe and alright.
Thank you sir. Much appreciated.

okay, I need to go now...Luke just grapped our upstairs phone-gotta run!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BOOK HIM! You gotta post a mug shot... com'on be creative... lets see what you can do!! :)

Anonymous said...

Guess what? The firemen went to my brother's school (Covanent Christian School - Becca's school).. And they said "never call 911 unless it's a real emergancy!" lol. guess Luke has a bit to learn. :-) He'll learn in time.

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed