Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Routine

Hard to believe that Luke will be 3 months old on Sunday the 12th. Hard because it feels like he has been in our lives for much longer.
Luke has a bedtime now. It is very exciting for us! Around 8 o'clock he has a bath, then he "gets ready for bed" (lotion, q-tips, fresh diaper, PJ's, etc.). After that either Daddy or Mommy reads him a story, sings a song with him and sends him off to sleep in his crib. Usually he is gone by 8:30pm or 9:00pm, which is great because then Aaron and I can have "grown-up time" and catch up on chores or hang out together, watch a little TV or a movie; and then head to bed ourselves. We've tried to do this regardless of when he needs to eat. I must say-it has been great! I hope it is something we can maintain as he gets older.

3 comments:

Nancy Doyens said...

I've noticed with my two that if they do a routine for about a week straight, it will be that way for as long as you make it that way. It is nice when they finally get on a routine, I/you don't feel like the night of the living dead anymore ... know what I mean?

Anonymous said...

whenever i try to get into a routine it lasts about 1 week and then "i screw it" (Andrew)
~liz~

Anonymous said...

Routine can be good, I sure have several routines that I do. I'm so glad Luke has a routine. :) Thanks for talking yesterday! It was good. Sometime I'd like to come over and just sit and chat. Anyway, thanks for praying for my CLEP, I passed! Yeah! See ya Sunday hopefully! Bye!

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed