Tuesday, October 31, 2006

He the Speaker, me the instrument

October was Pastor Appreciation Month...Aaron felt appreciated! He received cards, gifts, was taken out to lunch (we went too!) and overall was given much encouragement this month. It is wonderful to see Aaron in this role of Youth Pastor because it was something we prayed about and waited for, for so long. Before we were married Aaron felt called to full time ministry and as he pursued that calling in prayer, the Lord focused it to youth and then sent us here to Central Bible Church. We are so thankful. It means alot when people encourage us in the ministry the Lord has called us to. Thank you CBC'ers! Please continue to pray for our family as we live in full-time ministry and serve the Lord with love.

Aaron had the opportunity to teach on Sunday, I'm posting his Sermon Notes here:

True Worship:
"Giving Worth to God"


I. What is Worship?
Definition: the act of paying reverence or adoration to God; devotion, excessive admiration. ~giving worth to God

II. True Worship:
(6 principles or characteristics)

A. Is focused wholly on God.
1. Not on other gods-1 Kings 11
2. Not on self

B. Is based on a proper attitude or motivation. (John 4; Genesis 4)
"True worship may involve outward action, but it is not based on outward action."

C. Is founded on true doctrine. (Psalm 86:8-10; Revelation 4:8-11)

D. Involves personal responsibility. (1 Corinthians 11:27-28; Galations 5:16; 1 John 1:9)

E. Is a way of life for the believer. (Romans 12:1-2)

F. Requires a personal relationship with God. (1 John 5:12)

He challenged us to look at ourselves and ask the questions: "Am I Giving Worth to God'?", "Does this resemble my worship?"
Wow.

1 comments:

Nancy Doyens said...

Hey Brittany,
Thank you for the notes, unfortanitly I was in the nersury most of the time on Suday for AJ was not in a good mood that morning. I heard that he did a wonderful job!! I wish that I could have been in there, I think it might be time to start useing the nursery for him so I can stay in church and not get distracted with having to take him out, but I don't think that I'm ready for that move just yet ... know what I mean?

Nancy

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed