Saturday, October 21, 2006

Anticipation

My photography inclined husband took this beautiful picture of an example of fall that lives in our front yard. I just love it when trees change this color.

Its definitely getting cooler, we are enjoying it. This is the weather we love Illinois for! They are predicting snow flurries again for tomorrow (Sunday), that will be two times it will have snowed before November-yipes! But with the snow comes no more yard work (hooray for Aaron), though you do have to shovel snow (so sad).

The next few months have alot to anticipate-we have friends from MS coming up at the end of this month, Aaron will be teaching at CBC in the morning service one Sunday soon. Hopefully Mike and Jane will get to visit before Christmas, and of course the holidays are very exciting. We get to go to TX and see my family! My Dad will meet his new grandsons for the first time (Luke and Tre-my sister's baby), and we'll just get to hang out. At CBC: the Christmas programs (that may be in the plans), Aaron's High School Lock-In, and so much more. In the new year we also hope to get to see the Barths AND the Mussers, with their new addition, in WI. Not to mention all the growing up that Luke will be doing in these next few months, Oh My Goodness!

I suppose its easy to get excited about whats going to happen, all the planning and preparations that you can lose yourself in...but I am trying to remember to savor today and to enjoy it in all its presence, before it becomes memory and photographs. To be content in now.

I have however begun my Christmas shopping preparations! Lists are being made and the buying has begun! I hope to be finished before December (pleasepleasepleaseplease). Good luck with your own. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time certainly does fly, and we do need to enjoy it. Sometimes the future can be overwhelming, but then I just remember Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Thanks for letting me hold Luke the other day, I loved it! :)

Anonymous said...

Christmas is going to be so exciting for you this year!! Not only is this Luke's first of many, but you get to go to Texas! Wow, that is awesome. I am so happy for you all.

We love you all,

Barb & Tave

P.S. The pictures of your two guys is so very cute, Luke is just getting cuter and cuter!

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed