Thursday, July 02, 2009

So very thankful!

This has been one amazing week! (And it isn't even over yet!)

1) Sunday. Repentance and Responses. A change of heart and amazing letter written to our teens by one of our teens was such an act of growth and received in love-awesome.

2) Monday. Aaron's kids getting to lead FOUR children to Christ at Kids Club on the first day!

3) Tuesday. Encouragement in the form of this note written by one of our teens:

A Phone Call From God
Here’s the ‘ringtone’ He decided to have last night
at 11:30:

“Why are you looking for love? Why are you still searching as if I’m not
enough?”

It’s off of the song “By Your Side” by Tenth Avenue North. A fantastic song,
and even better lyrics.

But it suddenly felt like God was trying to get through to me. It was that
moment where you go, “What am I doing?!” And then, I wanted to write. So I
pulled out the notebook I use for moments like this and just wrote out a
conversation; one between me and God. I don’t know if this is what it was like
for Moses, David, John, Peter, or Paul, but it was like you could feel the words
coming. The thoughts weren’t something I was thinking through and molding into
my own words–they just came. Maybe I’m crazy. Maybe not.

-God, You’re tearing me apart, You’re breaking my heart!! WHY?!

-So I can show you how whole I can make you. You just have to hand Me the
controls and I will create a dream you could never have imagined. But first you
have to stop trying. I love you. I love you more than any other boy in your life
does. But love is
never fully enjoyed ‘one-way’. I want you to put ME as
your first love.

-But God, its’ not like we’re going to date or hold hands or get
married…?

-No, but I am the model for all men. And if you want the guy that’s best for
you, he’s going to have traits that match mine.

-But I won’t know what that looks like unless I know what you’re like,
right?

-Exactly. , I want the very, very, absolute best for you. But
you have to let me prepare him and bring him to you.

-But waiting is so hard.

-Then don’t think of it as waiting. Just because I’m preparing someone for
you doesn’t mean you have to sit and twiddle your thumbs until I’m finished, I’m
preparing you for him as well.

-It’s a painful process.

-Yes, but it shapes your heart into a young woman perfect for the young man I
have for you at this very moment.But until that time comes, lean on ME. Not the
boy you’re crushing on this week, not someone who will be gone tomorrow. I’m
never going anywhere and I will NEVER fail you. I keep no secrets and I never
lie to you. I also never change my mind because there will NEVER be anyone I
love more than you.

-I love you, God.

-I love you too, dear one. So much more than you know. Remember to come to me
and talk with Me. I want to hear about everything.

-Thanks, God. I’ll remember.

-Oh, and one more thing.

-Yes?

-There’s no call-waiting with Me either.

-Haha, thanks, God. Good night!

-Good night, child.

4) Wednesday. The prompting of the Holy Spirit at Youth Group (a.k.a. Summer Wednesdays) led Aaron to taking time and purposefully sharing the gospel. I knew he had not planned to and began praying, so many kids there with their eyes glued to him. Listening, you could tell they were listening. After we were home we got a call from a Youth kid that her friend, who has been a regular visitor for over a year, accepted Christ in response to what he heard!

5) Thursday and Friday-two more days of Kids Club for Aaron and his group to share Christ and His love!

6) The Seeds planted at Kids Club and Summer Wednesdays-please join us in praying!

7) The way we can see our children's part in our ministry and how they can open doors that were only just cracked.

8) For the kids in our youth group who have been working together and have been so excited and drawing close together this week. I love to see them strengthen their bonds.

9) God's preparation and timing-The Missions Trip that begins next week!!

10) Seeing God's hands at work. And knowing there is so much more than we can even think going on under the surface!

REMEMBER, YOU CAN CHECK ON WHAT AARON IS SAYING AND HIS MINISTRY WITH THE YOUTH GROUP AT HIS BLOG-JUST CLICK ON THE TAB AT THE BOP OF THE PAGE!

1 comments:

Clare said...

Wow! Thanks, Brit. Thank you, God.

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed