Monday, August 25, 2008

Shine

Reading Philippians 2 I saw something and was reminded of something-thought I'd share...
God has a plan for our lives, and while they all intersects and lean on each other, I think you can see three aspects of that plan; Upward (in praising and glorifying Him), Inward (in our personal relationship and growth in Him), and Outward (He wants us impact the world around us). In this dark place, we who have the Light of the world in us can shine so brightly, and we need to!
Our church was recently asked the question by our speaker, "How can the world know you are different, if you don't look any differently than they do?" Good question.
Philippians 2:15 says that we, as believers, are to be "blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world"
Anybody else hearing the children's' song, This Little Light of Mine, echoing in their heads? I've been humming it all day and singing it with Luke.

This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel? No!
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.

Won't let Satan blow it out,
I'm gonna let it shine
Won't let Satan blow it out,
I'm gonna let it shine
Won't let Satan blow it out,
I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine,
Let it shine,
Let it shine.

I hope I got you humming, maybe even singing, and if that song doesn't work, maybe this one will...Go Light Your World!

0 comments:

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed