Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tagged

Shea "tagged" me, so here I go-
7 things about myself:

1) I am extremely afraid of the dark, not just the dark, but the absolute dark. When you close your eyes and then open them and you can't tell a difference-that dark. When you know there is furniture in the room, but you can't even see a hint of a shape-that dark. That is too dark.

2) I really love being online. It is almost a problem for me. I love keeping up with people through Facebook and blogs. I truly do. Show me your pictures! I will look at them. Tell me your funny story-I will read it. I think it is so cool to be able to be a part of your lives through this awesome tool. What I really like is being able to do it on my own time, or get up and come back. Much easier than phone calls or letter writing.

3) I have memorized more verses in AWANA this year then I ever did when I was a clubber! This is my first year as a Trek AWANA leader, that is the Junior High group. Aaron is the director and he "strongly encourages" (makes) his leaders learn the memory verses along with the clubbers-I am being so challenged by this. I really love it though-and the best part-I have to say my verses to the clubbers, I try to say them to the kids who just said their verses to me. It really reinforces to them that learning verses is important and I love the look on their faces when they tell me I didn't get it right :D.

4) One of the most triumphant moments of the day for me is right before Aaron comes home and I have created a place for him that helps make him immediately relax and smile. When I have dinner almost ready, table set, a clean(ish) house and a happy (recently changed) Luke. He can just come in, take off shoes and coat and sit on the couch with Luke and read until dinner is ready. Knowing I can do that for him makes me feel so important, and I hate it when I am not on top of things enough to be prepared for his coming home.

5) I am doing something I swore I would never do: every Monday night I lead a Jr. and Sr. High girls' Bible study. It scares me and intimidates me each week, but I have such an assurance that God wants me to do this right now that I just keep preparing and praying and so far-so good! We have met pretty much every Monday since November, and I am hoping I can go until the summer.

6) I like to cook. This is actually a bit surprising to even me. I like to make something, baking especially. To make something I like to eat is the best, but making something Aaron gets excited about, or Luke cleans his plate-that is actually fun for me now. Didn't used to be. I have even tried out new recipes I have never tasted before and they have usually turned out great. It is like creating something... This Saturday I am the Head Chef of a dinner party feeding over 30, and I get to help youth and younger get excited about creating! And that is almost more fun than doing it myself!

7) One day I would like to write a book. Not now-probably not even soon. But one day. I think that would be amazing. I don't even know what I would write about, but I hold on to that thought and test ideas and storylines in my head. I think that is way off, but hopefully it is in my future.

Okay, that is seven things about me. I tag....Lisa a.k.a. The Correspondent

3 comments:

Daniel and Shea Scarbrough said...

Way to go Brittany. I knew you would rise to the challenge of the "tag." D and I are going through the Topical Memory System...you can encourage me and I will encourage you as we memorize Scripture!

The Correspondent said...

Great list, Brittany!

And you tagged me! I'm up, and hopefully, Thomas & Mollie are next.

Off to blow my nose for the 539th time ...

just me said...

That's neat game!! I don't really have a "blog" from Blogspot anymore... But this looks like a lot of fun!! It's interesting hearing other people's "interesting" facts!!

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed