Saturday, December 08, 2007

This Christmas

We will be spending this Christmas in Mississippi! We are excited. And a little stressed, maybe. Christmas cards should be out Monday, packages Tuesday, and I'm lacking just a little before I can say I'm done shopping. Sad to say, but I'll probably finish up shopping in Mississippi.
We are going to drive down, 12-ish hours. whew. I'm already tired thinking about it. I know some things already-number 1: Aaron is going to play football with the guys one day. Just so you know. ;) Lots of Bonner family to hang out with! (I'll miss you Emily!!) And I hope to visit with some friends and oo and aah about how big little ones are getting. Possibly walk around outside without snow boots (hahaha)...it doesn't take much to excite me. But that's a good thing.
Yesterday I was struck once again by the fact that when we go over to the Sprayberry's house, Mary won't be there. It was so odd and incredibly sad to imagine sitting on a stool in her kitchen and not being about to talk to her... I am overwhelmingly excited about where she is right now-in the presence of our LORD!! But I think maybe not being there where she was, not actually missing her being there, because I'm not there, is making it take a little longer for reality to set in that she is at home, in heaven. Meaning I'll see her when I get there, but not when I am in Mississippi this Christmas.
Our wonderful God who created our emotions and gives us the amazing capacity to be happy, joyful, feeling a loss and sad-all at the same time! Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! When are you coming?

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Mississippi!! We'll miss you! when are you going???? I love all the Christmas pictures, they are ADORABLE! I am also VERY, VERY glad you have your computer back! I will keep checking your blog for updates! Luke has grown so much since last year!

Brittany said...

we are thinking the thurs. or fri. before until the thurs. or fri. after!

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed