Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Proverbs 31 Woman

I've recently been looking at Proverbs 31:10-31, the section that describes "an excellent wife". And I must say that she is amazing! I have really looked, and I mean really looked, at this passage and am wondering have you? Look at her!

Some things that stood out to me as exceptionally impressive were:
-her husband trusts her (v.11)
-she is only good to him not evil (v.12)
-she likes to work with her hands (v.13)
-she gets the food, the clothes, everything (v.14,22)
-she gets up while it is still dark and goes to bed after everyone else (v.15,18)
-she already has her tasks ready while it is still early in the morning (v.15)
-she has her own home business and she wisely invests her earnings (v.16, 24)
-she reaches out to the poor (v.20)
-her own family's needs are prepared for in case of an emergency (v.21)
-she takes care of her appearance (v.22)
-her husband is more respected because of her (v.23)
-she is prepared for the future and doesn't worry about it (v.25)
-she opens her mouth with wisdom and kindness (v.26)
-she has her home under control (v.27)
-she doesn't waste her time (v.27)
-her children bless her (v. 28)
-her husband praises her and calls her beyond comparison (v.28-29)
-she fears the Lord (v.30)
-she doesn't have to praise herself because what she does is enough to do that for her (v.31)

She is AWESOME! I am praying that I can begin to resemble this example God has given us in his Word.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jah, It's still a long while until I'm married, but I can still want to be a godly woman now, and be preparing for being a godly wife and mother. Thanks Brittany!

My Radio


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed